21 Jun 2012
1. I think it’s perfectly practical to settle on a baby name before your baby arrives, but referring to said baby by name for the entire pregnancy, especially on Facebook, is creepy. And can lead to moments like the one I just read about:
Pregnant girl’s status update:
Max sure is hungry today! Gonna give him some ice cream!
Comment received on status:
Girl i thought u got rid of that dog when u moved
In related news, I can’t stop thinking about the dog she got rid of when she moved.
2. If you like gross things living on/happening to British people’s bodies, you should probably watch “Embarrassing Bodies” on Discovery Health. I have seen two glorious episodes, which featured such problems as an excessively hairy ass, an anus abscess born of an unfortunate condition and exacerbated by an excessively hairy ass, a uniboob, some psoriasis toenails that look like wood/nightmares, and some weirdos who are all “um hi yes can you help me I’ve been living with this fucking disgusting thing for 10 years and never thought to see a doctor until this large bus with EMBARRASSING BODIES on the side rolled into my village so I was all ‘huh maybe the fact that I can’t sit on my bum without crying should be addressed in front of tv cameras.’” If that isn’t an endorsement, I don’t know what is.
3. I just started David Grann’s The Devil and Sherlock Holmes: Tales of Murder, Madness, and Obsession.
4. Bless his little bones, but Spike wanted to make my lunch the other morning. This is the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of sandwiches he came up with:
5. Thanks for your emails/chats/comments, internet! You are the best and I love you.